A Christian law school in Canada must change its code of conduct to embrace homosexuality to keep its accreditation, a court ruled this week.
Charisma News reports Trinity Western University in British Columbia had planned to open a law school next year which followed a Christian “community covenant.” According to the covenant, students would not be permitted to engage in “sexual intimacy that violates the sacredness of marriage between a man and a woman.”
However, the Law Society of Upper Canada claimed the policy was anti-LGBT and the school should not receive accreditation. The Ontario Divisional Court sided with the Law Society.
According to the court decision, “In order to attend TWU, (LGBTQ persons) must sign a document in which they agree to essentially bury a crucial component of their very identity, by forsaking any form of intimacy with those persons with whom they wish to form a relationship.”
“Contrary to the contention of the applicants, that requiring persons to refrain from such acts does not intrude on the rights of LGBTQ persons, it is accepted that sexual conduct is an integral part of a person’s very identity. One cannot be divorced from the other.”
Trinity Western University said that the ruling violated their rights as a religious institution; the school plans to appeal the ruling.
* Student gov to pursue
mandatory LGBT ‘ally training’ for faculty
* ‘Gay’ history thrust into U.S. classrooms
* School forces girls to ask for lesbian kiss
* Gay messages built into school maths lessons for children
* SPLC plans to use Common Core to indoctrinate kids with LGBT
* Democrats, LGBT Activists Plan to Crack Down on Christian Schools
* Same sex couples to be included in classroom literature
* LGBT history lessons heading for California classrooms
* California Board of Education Votes to Include Homosexuality in Lessons
* Schools Secretly Indoctrinating Children With LGBT Agenda
* Learning Program Pushes LGBT Agenda on Homeschooled Children
* Rise in transgender children puts British primary schools under pressure
* Schools are told to call transgender children ‘zie’ rather than ‘he’ or ‘she’
* School adopts gender-neutral homecoming court, there be no ‘king’ or ‘queen’
* Penn State professors told: ‘Avoid assuming the gender of any student’
* Teacher Requests Students Use Gender-Neutral Pronouns; Parents Divided
* California school board will allow transgender books in elementary schools
* British Schools to Be Rated on How ‘Transgender-Friendly’ They Are
* Same-sex attraction ‘safe space’ – at Bible college!
* Christian School a Target of Liberal Efforts for LGBT Laws